POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Cloth - as shrinkwrap? : Cloth - as shrinkwrap? Server Time
2 Aug 2024 06:21:16 EDT (-0400)
  Cloth - as shrinkwrap?
From: GrimDude
Date: 22 Dec 2004 10:26:25
Message: <41c99221$1@news.povray.org>
I'm working on a WW1 series of aircraft and I'd like to know if anyone has
come up with a method to use a cloth simulation to emulate something like
shrinkwrap? The older planes were covered with a fabric and aircraft dope
which would cause the cloth to tense up to the underlying structure (except
where rosin/wax existed). It's not just wings, either, and includes concave
as well as canvex requirements.

Any ideas on how to proceed would be appreciated (I'd hate to have to create
a surface mesh, but I suppose I could). I'm using a mesh2 array of objects
as the group to be covered (if that helps).

Sample to be posted in p.b.i.

- Grim